Monday, September 22, 2008

Growing and growing and growing...


Laughing while being chased by my Daddy.


Me and my baby singing in the laundry basket.



Relaxing with my legging shawl in the laundry basket wearing mismatched jammies.
Who knew you could wear pants in this way?


Can you see the personality?  We think she's hilarious.  Just a few quick things.
For your information, any brunette princess you might come across in various movies, books, toys, children's pajamas...well, it's actually me.  Me as in "mama."  All on her own, Amelia points at these lovely princesses, smiles and lovingly says "maaaamaa."  I bet you didn't know.  There I am on her pajama top in the basket pictures.  
Also, I said in an earlier blog that age 1 is my favorite so far, and it still is in many ways. However, I read recently that at this age, a toddler may fall on average up to 38 times a day. This is the not so fun side of age 1.  Don't get me wrong, the fun and cuteness outweigh the anxiety caused by wondering every minute if she's going to bite it and bonk her head, land on her nose or teeth...but I have to admit, I was a lot less nervous when all she did was lay on a play mat and bat at some toys and smile at the ceiling fan.  
Amelia loves meatballs, of course she does. 
She cries hysterically out of fear when the nice man tries to measures her feet using that cold metal contraption at the shoe store.
She has cut all 4 of her first year molars already. 
She laughs every time we get to the page in Goodnight Gorilla when the zoo keeper's wife turns the light on and finds the gorilla smiling, lying next to her in bed.  
Sometimes I catch her trying to feed her belly button, Cheerios, for example.
She'll tickle your back if you ask her to, and she's good at it. 
She looks for her bathing suit in her clothes bins and if she finds it will bring it to one of us, hold it up and say "puh."  She actually, asks us to take her to the pool.  
She does NOT like to be covered up in her bed, if she wakes up and finds a blanket has been mysteriously placed on her, she will raise a raucous until you go in and find her crying and pointing at it...as if I didn't know it was there. 
She has gotten to that age where she gets frustrated and upset when things don't quite go her way...sometimes, only sometimes, we see glimpses of what they call the "terrible twos" might look like. :) 
But maybe then she'll fall down less.  




No comments: