Friday, October 2, 2009

More of the best...

The cuteness just keeps coming. Yesterday, during our pre-nap ritual, we snuggled on the bed and read books together. This time we read books we had checked out from the library. I read to her "My Favorite Things" which is just the lyrics to the familiar song from the Sound of Music put to wonderful illustrations. She asked me to read it (well, I actually sang it) a total of 3 times and after the 3rd time she commented on the last line of the song: "And then I don't feel so bad." She doesn't like it when anyone feels bad, she gets very concerned. I explained to her that sometimes when we are sad, if we just think of our favorite things, we feel better. She liked this explanation and lay there next to me looking content. I asked her what some of her favorite things were...
A: "um...flowers."
Me: "oh that's a good one!"
A: "and Mommy"
(my heart grows and I respond with "awwww" and then she says quickly....)
A: "yur my friend..."yur my BEST friend."

Amazing.

No comments: