Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank goodness.

Yesterday, Amelia, mid-play, alerted me that she had to use the potty. Since we were at Grandma and Grandpa Turrell's house, I knew she couldn't climb up on the big potty by herself so I followed her in there.
She said to me, "No, go out there, Mom. I can do it myself."
Me: "Okay, but I have to help you get up onto that big potty since there's no stool here."
Amelia" "But I need privacy."
Me: "Okay, I'll give you your privacy after I help you up."
Satisfied, she let me help her. When she was done, I helped her finish and tried to lift her off the potty...
Amelia: "No, I can do it myself, Mom."
Me: "I'll just help you get down."
Next I tried to help Amelia pull up her underpants but she stopped me again...
Amelia: "I-I-I can do it!"
Me: "Oh, I know you can, I'm sorry, go ahead. "
Then she stops, drops her shoulders and and says, "I need to get back on the potty."
I lift her up and wait.
About 20 seconds go by and though she still hasn't gone she says she's done, gets down (I help a little), pulls up her own underpants and her pants and reminds me... "See, I can do it by myself."
Realizing she had to have a "re-do" so she could do it all herself from start to finish, I smile and say...
"Oh, I see, you didn't really have to go potty again, you just wanted to do it by yourself."
She smiles and says reassuringly..."Yea. But you're still my mom."

Oh good. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.