Thursday, September 30, 2010

Prayers, the Moon, Donuts and Mammals

Prayers
Ford joined Amelia and I at the table for breakfast after we had already started eating. He folded his hands and closed his eyes to pray. Amelia interrupted him and said, "we already prayed, Dad." I then explained to her that it's okay to pray by yourself, before you eat, before bed, when you want to pray for someone or something, even yourself...any time of the day. She then hopped down and laid down on the floor underneath the table. Thinking she's was goofing around and avoiding breakfast, I didn't hesitate and began to instruct her to get back up in her chair when I heard her whisper..."Dear God, please bless my wholllllle family. Amen." Then she hopped back up in her seat. Guess she wanted to try out praying when she was by herself.

Moon
Amelia" "Mom, maybe tonight, after dinner and my bath and pajamas, we can go out to look at the moon. And if it's a new moon...then no moon. And it's it's not a new moon...then moon."


Donuts
Amelia was munching on and enjoying a yummy cider donut from Uncle John's with us at the table. She was studying the donut when she asked, "Why is there a hole in my donut?" Ford responded, "that is a great question, Amelia, I wonder why too." Amelia says, "I think it's the done hole." Ford, "the what hole?" Amelia, "the done hole. Because when you eat all around it, and get to the hole, then it's done."

Mammals
After watching an episode of "Dinosaur Train," Amelia learned a little about what mammals are. I asked her later about it and she said, "mammals are small mice." I reminded her that mammals can be any animal that has fur. I asked her, "do you have fur?" She said, "No, but Dad does, so he's a mammal."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.