Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sick and tired...really.



The girls are sick. Amelia has a cold and low grade fever and cried last night about her ear and the "back of her mouth" (throat) hurting. Inconsolable as usual but I finally convinced her to take some delicious berry flavored stuff in a super fun dropper to make it all feel better. She actually agreed and drank it down. (In the past, Amelia and medicine have not been good friends...like pink vomit on the kitchen floor resulting in 10 creative ways to hide pink medicine in various food and drink items). We may have turned a corner. Miracle.
Evie's first sickness. It came much too early for me. Stuffy nose and a fever. My heart was pounding a little faster and my nerves became strained as my mind danced frantically through all the scenarios...and lack of sleep does not help...at the thought of my infant having a fever. Amelia was never sick this early in life. Uncharted territory. I was not prepared. I sent Ford out to Meijer at 3:00 am for some Infant Tylenol, some saline drops and distilled water for the humidifier. Her fever reached 100.6, not too alarming but it's the unknown of what's to come that gets to me. God heard my prayer and after a little Infant Tylenol and a few more hours of sleep, she was cool as cucumber.
Today, after a trip to the doctor who gave us the all clear, we all seem better, with the exception of exhaustion. But I'd rather be exhausted with cool kids than exhausted with, well...not worth mentioning. Counting down the minutes until bedtime. For. Sure.

No comments: