Monday, August 13, 2007

One week old!


Hey Everyone, it's Amelia's Mommy...hence the pink blog entry. :) Amelia is one week old today. Today is actually her original due date but she surprised us when she decided to come a week early! I just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for the phone calls and e-mails and to let you know how much I appreciate you reaching out. I decided the blog was the best way to respond since we are loved by so many!
First of all, thank you for asking about me. I am healing well. Many of you don't know that I ended up having to have a c-section. I'll spare you the long delivery story. Recovery with a c-section takes a little longer so it's been difficult at times getting around but I am healing quickly and for that I am thankful. The better I feel, the better I can concentrate on my little Amelia.
Onto Amelia...she continues to do well in her warm, moist environment. She eats like a piggy and the nurses can't get over it. She burps and poops like nobody's business too. No problems there. We are encouraged by her appetite, it reassures us that she is like any other newborn, getting stronger and growing. The doctors and nurses are encouraged by her progress. You can see her pretty new skin starting to emerge in certain areas as the membrane dissolves, especially around her mouth and eyes. Because the area around her eyes can be very sensitive during this process, she has developed a double eye infection. I noticed it in one eye last night and the doctor started her on antibiotic ointment. Unfortunately, it has progressed over night into both eyes and the doctor decided to be a little more aggressive with treatment by putting her back on an IV to introduce the antibiotic to her entire system and clear those eyes up as quickly as possible. This is very difficult for us. For one, it is hard to watch our beautiful little bugger go through this when all we want to do is take her home and snug her up. And two, the IV means we cannot hold her today. This is heartbreaking as I live for those two snuggle visits each day. But I know that with each day she is cared for here at the hospital it means we are a little closer to bringing her home.
I know that so many of you are praying for her, we are so thankful and we feel it coming from all over. Today I ask that you specifically pray for her eyes. Please pray that the infection would clear up quickly and totally. I also ask that you just continue to pray for her COMPLETE and TOTAL healing. We feel so blessed that God entrusted us with this beautiful little baby but we never forget that she belongs to Him and with Him all things are possible!
This picture I included was taken on day 6. This is her staring at her Daddy while he sings and talks to her. She's totally a Daddy's girl. I already know it. :)
Love you all,
Kim

8 comments:

Aunt Jamie, Uncle Manny, Sofia, Kate said...

I so look forward to the updates you guys leave everyday - and cannot wait for the day sweet baby Amelia is home. We pray for you every night with Sofia. - can't wait to squeeze her up - sweet peach -love it.. Love you all so very much -
J

Unknown said...

What a precious little girl. I'm so glad you are keeping us up to date on her progress, and yours too. I've been praying for her quick healing so you can take her home an have lots of snuggle time. I hope you are healing fast and getting your sleep. I miss you guys and cannot wait for your next update.

Love
Mo

Dana said...

Just sitting here crying, thought that visual might make you laugh. You are a mom,I am so excited for you. Brad just walked in from work to see me infront of the computer blubbering, your message just stuck a cord! I can just hear Ford singing to her, so sweet! Lots of prayers from the Bensinger!

Love you,

D

Sarah said...

LOVE the updates Kim...and we are certainly praying for your quick healing and Amelia's healthly little eyes! I am sure she is loving the songs...what a lucky little babe! Adn can I just say, does she look like Mom or WHAT? :)
Love, Matt and Sarah

MarySue said...

Kimmie Ford and Amelia!!
We are praying extra hard for all of you! I know there is a special Angel watching over all of you! Give that beautiful Amelia a smooch from Auntie Mary! Robert cant wait to meet his new God Sister!!! Claudia cant wait to see her as well!!!
Love and Prayers to you all!
Mary Sue

MarySue said...

Hello cutie,

I can not wait to hold you Ameilia, and kiss you...I miss all of you hope you are doing well, I love you to the MOON and back
Claudi

annie warren said...

Amelia, God is hearing our prayers for you from Colorado, Texas and Tenn. All our grandkids listen to your mommy's lullabyes. I can't wait to see you next week! He sent you to the very best parents. Thanks, Kim & Ford for helping us to understand Amelia's situation, so we can know better how to pray for her and you.
Annie Warren

amy jo said...

Sweet little Amelia!!! It's Great Auntie Amy Jo!!!! You're so darn cute I can't stand it!!

OH Hi Kimmie & Ford - no I didn't forget you two don't worry!!
We are constantly thinking about you all the time, and wishing we were there to share "final thoughts" with you at the end of the day. But know we're doing what we can do by sending all our love & strength through constant prayer. She's a very lucky little peanut to have such wonderful, strong, loving parents!
Heal quickly Amelia, we love you!!

Health, happiness and love,
Amy Jo & Brett