Sunday, December 30, 2007

More Great News!

Happy belated Christmas! There is much to report about Amelia's first Christmas as it's been a good two weeks since my last post. We were in Michigan for a lengthy stay over Christmas. I will be posting more in the days to come...but first...
Thought you might like to know...before we left for Michigan I received an e-mail from Samantha, Peyton's mommy. If you recall I posted a prayer request a few months ago for Peyton. He too was born a Collodion baby just a few months after Amelia was born. Though they reside in Iowa, we heard of his story and were put in touch with Peyton's parents through April, one of our fabulous NICU nurses. Just before Christmas, I got an e-mail from Samantha letting us know they had been to a dermatologist in Chicago who gave them much to be thankful for this holiday season! Peyton's skin is healing and looks just great. From what I understand, his membrane was also mild but like us, they had to wait until he was a little older to see what his skin would do. Though I don't know many of the details, his story sounds very similar to Amelia's and it sounds like he is just fine! Samantha was very excited and so relieved. I know just how she feels. God is soooo good. Thank you to those who have prayed for Peyton.
I don't really know the percentages as I chose not to focus on numbers (because what do they really matter) but I do know this condition is very rare which makes it interesting that our nurse happened to know 2 babies born with the Collodion membrane within months of each other. Again, although percentages don't really matter, I think it's important to mention that the percentage of Collodion babies who do not go on to have a life long condition is only 10%. If anything, this just reminds me that nothing is impossible with Him. It so amazing and gives me such hope for anyone who struggles with illness or disease or for that matter, any type of suffering. God does not work according to percentages and numbers. He works according to prayer, faith, hope and love...nothing is too big or too small to pray for and no matter what, it's worth it to believe.

No comments: