Sunday, October 28, 2007

Prayers for Peyton

Recently, I received an e-mail from one of Amelia's NICU nurses regarding a friend of hers who two weeks ago delivered a baby boy named Peyton. Peyton was diagnosed as a Colloidion baby. (Some of you may have seen the comment posted by Peyton's grandma on the blog following Amelia's dermatologist appointment). I have exchanged e-mails with Peyton's mom and she has expressed how stressful it has been waiting but told me that Peyton is thriving, retaining fluids well and gaining weight. Wonderful!
With the Colloidion baby, there is this unique waiting period from when the initial membrane sloughs and the two month mark when all you can do is, well, wait. Wait and pray. As awful as it felt not knowing, for me there was also this overwhelming feeling of hope. Of course, Ford and I know exactly what these new parents are feeling and we understand all too well the journey they are facing. Please help me to help them make it a journey of hope more so than fear. Hope is so much better than fear! Please pray for them as you have prayed for us, specifically for peace, strength and of course healing! I have expressed over and over how much comfort it gave me, and still gives me to know how many people were (and are still) praying for Amelia. I know it would give this family the same comfort to know that you all are praying for their beautiful new baby boy as well.
Amelia is testament that healing happens and that His power is unlimited!
There's that word of the day again. Unlimited.
God bless Baby Peyton!
Love to you all.
Kim, Ford and Amelia

No comments: