Monday, June 2, 2008

Technical Difficulties

Oh man. Our one year and 2 week old digital camera (yes, just two weeks out of warranty) has been sent to the manufacturer for repair. All you need to know is that it's not looking good for a few weeks. I found out it wasn't working last night when I tried to upload photos to post to the blog of Amelia's first swim in her new kiddie pool in the backyard...nothing. I broke the news to Ford today that we are out a digital camera for a while..."what are we going to do??" he cried. Wow, it really hit me how much we really use that thing...a lot. In fact, every day I think. "Well, we still have my very nice film camera." I replied. Remember that old thing? :) Oh, but the convenience of the digital...it's going to be a tough few weeks...all I can say is that I'll do my best to get some photos on the blog.
So, one cute Amelia story from tonight. Let me start by saying that we have worked through our previously challenging sleep issues and Amelia now goes down for her naps and bed time like a champ, well, 90% of the time, which to me is complete success. Just 4 months ago, I never thought we'd see the day and I am oh so glad it's here. She actually seems to enjoy laying down in her bed with her suckie and her "mommy shirt." Yes, some kids sleep with teddy bears, beboos, binkies, blankies, boppies...Amelia sleeps with my pajamas (tied in a knot) and she holds onto it and smells it and snugs it all night. It's the cutest. There's something magical about it that makes her eyes droop and her body relax the minute she gets it in her little grasp.
Tonight after feeding her and rocking for a few, I tried laying her down in her crib but she protested and clung to me so I opted for a little more rocking and snuggling. She's almost one already...not going to let the snuggling opportunities pass me by. So, I sat back down, she tucked her little arms and legs in underneath her and laid her head down on my arm and we talked. I said prayers, she listened to every word. I began saying "nigh-nigh" to everyone we know and then moved onto saying "nigh-nigh" to every animal I could think of along with making that animals noise. She listened intently and smiled at the ones she thought were funny and giggled at her favorites. She even made some of the noises herself, from behind her green suckie of course. I didn't want it to end. I had her undivided attention, she was completely relaxed and content just hanging out with me, rocking, giggling and snuggling...and I got the feeling, even as her eyes grew heavy, that she didn't want it to end either.

No comments: