Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bless her heart.

It's official. An official announcement. We are moving back to Michigan at the end of June. Ford is going to attend law school at Michigan State University. They've offered him quite a hefty scholarship that's too good to pass up. So, we pack up or little lives and move on Up North. More to come about the move but for now...
My brain works differently from most people...(well, especially my husband's brain) when it comes to organizing, planning and packing for that matter. I realize my methods may seem random, erratic or even ridiculous to some...but they make perfect sense to me. That said, we have so much to do to get ready to go. Most of the house is in shambles...we have begun sorting and pulling things out of drawers and cupboards in preparation for a yard sale on Saturday. Well, one project leads me to another room where I see another project needs attention and so on and so on...well somehow last night I randomly started a photo project...Amelia's photo album. Yes, I've been a slacker with the photo albums and baby book, but I figure the blog gets me off the hook in that capacity. I've only taken 3000 pictures of the kid and have the first 2 years of her life backed up on disc...just haven't printed them and placed them in a album yet...waiting for a whole day to myself to do that? Right. So, last night was as good a night as any....
I got as far as the pregnancy pictures...you know the proverbial side view photos of my tummy from one month to the next to see the growth progression from (semi) flat to ginormous.
This morning. I showed Amelia my work. I showed her how my tummy grew and grew and I explained to her that it was her in there, when she was just tiny, growing inside my tummy, getting bigger and bigger...
She listened intently, wide eyed and intrigued.
I asked her if she remembered. She nodded and said "suckie."
I asked her if she had a suckie in there, she nodded and said..."uh huh."
Next I asked her if it was warm and cozy in there. "Uh, huh," she said.
"What color was it in there?
Confidently she replied, "GREEN!! PINK!!!"
Nice. "Really?" I asked.
"Uh, huh."
And then she opened up my robe, paused and then patted my tummy and said..."get in."
"You want to get back in my tummy?" I asked her.
She smiled, "Yeah."
Bless her heart.
Sometimes I wish she could.

2 comments:

Molly said...

MSU!!!! It's about time! Where ya gonna live? When shall we come up for a fun dinner at El Ez?????

So happy. The Slys are doing a happy dance!

Congrats (and many thanks) to Ford!

Ford and Kim Turrell said...

Molly...um, fun dinner at El Ez, like every week! :) Still working out details on a place to live. We have a few options which is way better than zero options.
I'll keep you posted!