Thursday, May 14, 2009

Did I just say that?

Amelia is almost two...as sweet as she is, there are times when she certainly acts like a two/three year old. I find myself being caught off guard at times with some of this new and interesting emerging behavior. I haven't read any books about this topic yet, like I have with most other topics. At this point, it's all instinct. As a mom in my (mid) thirties, :) I feel like I should have the maturity and patience to handle whatever this little tiny person has to dish out, right? Should all be a breeze, right? I'll just know what to do and say, right? For the most part, yes, this is usually the case. But I have to laugh at some of the things that have come out of my mouth in the midst these toddler tantrums. I have been surprised some of my off the cuff responses on more than one occasion and have had to ask myself, "did I just say that???"

"THAT is unacceptable behavior." (Super Nanny influence).
"Mister doesn't like it when you scream." (Blame it on the cat).
"Amelia Sava!" (Yes, this is the ultimate. Utilizing the middle name means Momma means business. Who am I kidding, she doesn't even know that's her middle name yet...and for real, did I just say that???)

No comments: