Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Barbie

So Amelia loves to play with my Barbies. I still have them. Two of them. They can still rock the awesome 70's Barbie clothes (that yes, I still have) including an orange satin disco one piece complete with gold braided belt and golden collar. Amelia has named them "Barba" and "Barbie." They are still going strong despite kitten chewed hands, "bang trims" and generally being a little worn from all the years of "playing Barbies."
In addition to our two 30 something year old Barbies we have welcomed newcomer "Polly." A dollar store beauty that Amelia won at our family "Camporama" last summer.
One morning last week, Amelia and I "played Barbies" and chit-chatted as we dressed them to the hilt. Once they were all dressed and ready to go Amelia said in her best Barbie voice... "Hey! Where do you guys want to go?"
Me in my "Polly" voice, I responded: "I don't care, where do you want to go?"
Amelia, bounced her Barbie along her bed in small hops: "Let's go to a dance party!"
At this point I am not looking directly at Amelia and her Barbie but next I hear her say...and still in Barbie character...
"Oh! But my leg fell off!"
...then happily and without missing a beat she continues...
"That's okay, I'll just take it with me!"
That's my girl. Party on.


No comments: