Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Some of the best compliments...ever.


A few days ago while eating dinner, the three of us were laughing and giggling while we recapped the fun day we had just had. We did some pretty fun stuff that day, things that Amelia really enjoys, so I asked her...
"Amelia, what was your favorite thing about today?" Expecting her to answer to be one of the many fun events of the day, she smiled and said, "living with you."

Lately, while riding in the car, Amelia has been requesting fast music to bop her head to. Today I put in the new Patty Griffin cd, which we both really like by the way. Amelia asked me, "Mommy, is this you?" Feeling flattered already I said, "No this is Patty Griffin." She replied, "I want to listen to you!" This is actually the first time she's requested to listen to either one of our cds. I complied and put in a lullaby cd Ford and I have been working on. I watched her from the rear-view mirror as she listened intently for a few minutes while looking out the window. She looked at me and said, "Is this you, Mom?" I said, "yes, this is me." She smiled and said, "are you a princess???"
Couldn't be any sweeter.
I smiled, "No, I'm your mama." She pointed at the radio, "But are you a princess on this cd?"
Perhaps the best compliment ever...and from a 2 1/2 year old. I thanked her and then watched her as she looked out the window and tried to sing along to each song. The cutest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.