Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Girls' Night...

No picture tonight. Just a little note about a great evening with Amelia. She's been a little fussy these past few days and just not herself. I think she's cutting her top two teeth (she's got both bottom front teeth now, super cute). It's been a tad stressful around here with her fussiness and also, she doesn't let me get too far from her. "They" say separation anxiety really sets in around 8-10 months. I'd have to agree.
So, tonight Ford headed off to graduation ceremonies at Nashville State leaving Amelia and I on our own. After giving her a nice long bath...she loves her baths now...and getting her snuggly in her pink, cotton, footie pajamas, I decided we'd go for an evening walk/stroller ride to the coffee shop before bed. It was a warm spring evening and it seemed everyone was outside, running, walking a dog, pushing a stroller, bike riding, or playing in the yard as we walked by. And to my relief, Amelia was happy as a clam, humming to herself, sucking her suckie, enjoying every minute with absolutely no fussing. Once we got to the coffee shop, I ordered a decaf and a muffin (my dinner) and found us a table. I pulled her stroller up next to me at the table and opened up her container of Cheerios. She was so happy with her suckie at this point she wasn't that interested in them but ultimately decided she'd have a few...hilarious when she picks one up to put in her mouth only to catch interference from the suckie...so all on her own, she takes out the pacifier with one hand and pops in the Cheerio with the other and then decides I might like to enjoy her suckie while she snacks. She offers it up to me with eager eyes. I graciously accept by pretending to take a taste, much to her great amusement, and she busts into a huge grin with a giggle and then goes back for another Cheerio. She continues this sharing of her suckie with me for the duration of our visit at the coffee shop. When we are both finished with our treats, we pack up and head out for an equally enjoyable walk home. Amelia, content in her pink footie pajamas and her green suckie, humming to herself and watching the world go by. Definitely my most favorite girls' night thus far.

No comments: