Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Happiness...


Well, yesterday was my first official Mother's Day and a glorious one it was at that...and it was all because of Amelia! It was because of her that I got to sleep in yesterday morning and it was because of her that I was taken out for breakfast and got to take a nap in the afternoon and I didn't have to do any dishes (and didn't feel guilty about it either) and I got to open presents and I got lots and lots of hugs and kisses and I felt like a queen all day...all because she was born. I enjoy Mother's Day and I'm already looking forward to next year...
I have to say that I truly spent time reflecting on what it means to be Amelia's mother...how important it is and and how much I love it...Until she came, I have never been needed by another as much as I am needed by her, what an amazing feeling.

I love that I never get tired of it, being her mother.
I love going to get her out of bed in the morning with her sleepy face as she waits standing up in the corner of her crib that's closest to the door, just waiting...
I love that she smiles and giggles every single time I walk into the room.
I love her toes and her soft little hands.
I love when she tickles my arm and plays with my hair when I rock her to sleep.
I love that when she's really really tired, she only wants the mother.
I love the noise she makes when she leans in to give me a slobbery kiss.
I love remembering what she was like last month, a few months ago, when she was born...
and I love wondering what she'll be like when she's 2, 5, 13...
I love it every time she does something new.
I love wondering what she's thinking about.
I love how she sleeps on her tummy with her knees tucked in and her butt in the air.
I love her curiosity and her intensity and her independence.
I love her beautiful skin.
I love the short little story of her life...
I love that God chose me to be her mother.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: