Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life Goes On...


Well, the past few weeks have been quite interesting! Everyone in our household has been sick starting with the cat, who by the way has recovered! We were quite concerned that he might not pull through but by the fourth day and after several visits to the vet for fluids and meds, he started to come around. We still don't know what he had but we're thankful he's back to his old Mister self, which includes the loud incessant meowing that those of you who have been to visit understand so well. I never thought I'd be happy to hear that again. It's funny, but not really, how when the baby comes, the pet automatically gets bumped down to second place after being first for so long. I have to admit, when I thought he was a goner I had some serious guilt about not giving him more attention the past year and a half. He became the dirty, loud, outdoor cat carrying germs around during my pregnancy and continually waking up the new baby with his unbelievable loudness. Funny how I never thought of him quite that way before. Poor guy, he can't help it...though he is dirty most of the time and loud almost all of the time, he is nothing but pure joy to Amelia. It's great fun to watch her light up when she sees him. I think we have a kitty lover on our hands; I already envision her ordering kitten posters from her Weekly Readers and asking for kitty calendars for her bedroom... Soon he'll be her kitty and he'll get more lovey attention than he's ever known and probably ever wanted. In the mean time, we'll step it up a notch... long live Mister the cat.

Moving on, Ford got sick with his usual end of the semester cold/cough. He was down for a few days and was feeling a little better by the time I got it, he really took good care of us. It hit the mama pretty hard (although it was no man cold :) ) and then Amelia started sniffling and sneezing a bit. So sad with her snotty little nose. Thankfully this was her first little bout with the sniffles and it only lasted 2 days! She made it almost 9 months without being sick and I don't think we can even call that being sick, in fact I can hear most of you snickering and mumbling to yourselves..."you just wait..."
Thankfully, we are all almost back to normal, whatever that means, and with a bit of a new perspective...and life goes on.

No comments: