Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 9

Day 9 in the NICU. It seems Evie's bath yesterday really helped speed some things along. She is really shedding today and I am anxious to see tomorrow's progress. We were able to hold her tonight and I fed her, she drank 22 mL from me! Her minimum is now up to 50 mL per feeding so she drank half from me and half from a bottle. She has been very calm and content in her jungle-like isolette. They have turned her humidity down slowly over the past few days and she seems to be tolerating it well. Today it is set at 70 % humidity. Before her evening feeding she was wide awake, making faces and staring at me. I talked to her through the glass of her isolette and she smiled big cheeky smiles up at me. I could see her dimple. :)
Tomorrow she gets her bilirubin checked again. I am prayerful that her numbers are okay, I'd like to avoid the bilirubin lights if we could. Those lights and her skin might be tricky. Please pray for good numbers. She will also get another bath tomorrow.
Ford is still on break from MSU as well as teaching. Thank goodness. It has been so nice having him free during this whole ordeal. He gets up every morning and heads right to the hospital with milk for Evie. I join him later after spending the morning with Amelia and we come home around dinner/bed time to be with Amelia. As soon as she's asleep, he heads back up the hospital to be with Evie. He has been amazing through all of this and has had nothing on his mind but caring for his girls, all three of us. We are so blessed. I am so grateful.
Please continue to pray for Evie's complete healing. I know I ask this every time I post, but prayers are what we need above all else. Thank you and love to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping sweet Evie in my prayers. Love you guys.

Angela "VanOstran" DeKett