Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh so little sleep.

It seems that little Evie has her days and nights mixed up. It's been two weeks out of the NICU and we have had lots of sleepless nights around here. I am at a loss for words on this one as well as a major loss of sleep. She naps like a champ during the day. Like. A. Champ. LONG stretches of 4 even 5 hours of peaceful, snugly sleep. But as soon as nightfall hits, she's a cat napper and nits and fusses every time she's put down in her bassinet. Perhaps she's just accustomed to the round the clock bright lights and the hustle and bustle of the NICU. For example, during the day, I can run the hairdryer or even the vacuum...she's out like a light. Amelia can run around laughing, yelling, general banging about...Evie is still as a stone. Dishwasher, television, washer/dryer...not a peep. But once the sun goes down, sister is sleeping, all is quiet...I turn on some nice ocean wave sounds, turn down the lights...and it's party time for Ev, and therefore, the mom. To make matters more interesting, big sister has been getting up 2, even 3 times a night. Oh, and throw the cat meowing at all of the activity into the mix and you have yourself a not-so-funny but rather hysterical situation. In fact, I find myself laughing out loud (just to keep from crying) and saying things like "are you kidding me?" under my breath as I go from room to room trying to get both girls back to sleep. Ahh, the joys. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

No comments: