Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bjorn Magic



Hello Everyone!
So, yesterday was my first official stay-at-home mom day. On Tuesdays, Ford is gone pretty much from 7:00 am until 9:00 pm (with a few breaks in between). So, it was just me and Amelia all day. :) It was a long day and I knew it would be. She is not on any kind of schedule yet. Her short little life has had many twists and turns already, I'd be confused too! I knew it would be interesting. So, it was a trial and error day for us, my first day to really try to figure her out. (Not that I'll ever be able to do that). She was pretty fussy to say the least. I tried it all...diaper changes (more than I can count), feedings, swing, swaddling, stretch-out and play time, music, dancing, laying her in the bassinet, white noise, gas drops...she was not content and fought sleep all day. By evening, she seemed, well, "over-tired" as they say.
Finally, when evening came, I pulled out the the Baby Bjorn baby carrier (we hadn't used this nifty tool yet) and ventured outside for a short walk. Mind you the temperatures here in Nashville have been record high so we don't get outside much yet. So, out we went strolling down Beechwood Ave, me unshowered and barefoot, and her, wide-eyed and sporting a onesie, also barefoot. The air was warm, but there was a slight breeze. I can't even describe the look on her face. With furrowed brow and her little mouth agape, she stared up into the trees and sky almost in amazement. I wish I had taken her picture but I'm pretty sure I'll never forget the look on her little face. I know she can't see very far yet, but she definitely knew something was different. She was being introduced to a whole new BIG world. The best part about it...she liked it! Just then the stress of the past few weeks melted away, for a while at least, and an overwhelming feeling came over me...I realized, as her parents, that we get the privilege of introducing this beautiful little being to all things new and exciting and wonderful...to the big world, the big life. And we get to see the look on her face through it all.
She fell asleep, peaceful and content, warm breeze on her face.
She is truly a gift.
Thank you for praying for her.
love
Kim

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats on surviving the first day solo! That Bjorn saved me when Lucy was first born...especially during that evening, fussy time. Love reading the updates and visit daily.
Love, Sarah and Matt