Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Half Pint
















Look at her little hat, can you stand it? It kind of reminded me of Half Pint's night cap...you know the one.
Remember the days when you'd get home from school, your Mom would be cooking dinner and you had just enough time to catch the latest episode of Little House on the Prairie? Anyone with me? Well, guess what? You can still do that! Every night at 5:00 pm on TV Land, you can catch a rerun of the wholesome family goodness that is Little House. Ford laughs at me, but I love to watch it (secretly I think he loves it too)! Maybe because it reminds me of being little, of a simpler time in my life. Or maybe it's because each show contains an important life lesson, there are many many references to faith and God, there was always a happy ending, and come on...Pa cries without fail in each and every episode. (You know you've cried at more than one episode too...) Call me crazy, but is there any show out there today that can compare? Though most of us get sucked in to at least one reality TV show or another, myself included, it's still sad to me that this has become the norm. Little House was just simple and it always left you feeling pleased, with a feeling of satisfaction, and a sense that everything was going to be alright.
Here I am, 10 pm at night writing a blog about Little House on the Prairie. Most of you probably think I've lost it! Probably so, but in an age of video games, computers, and reality television, it makes you wonder, where are we headed? My hope is full circle, maybe as a society we'll get back to basics eventually. If not in my life time, maybe in Amelia's. In the mean-time, I hope that she finds herself drawn to the simple and good things in life...and I pray that those things find her...and of course I pray for happy endings.
That's it. Good night.
sweet dreams...
love
Kim

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Amelia,
"I like your pictures. You look cute in your hat."
Christopher